Automation API - Legacy Logic 1.x
Our Legacy Automation API (which we called Socket API in the past) allows users to programmatically configure our software and trigger captures, and requires the older Logic 1.x software.
In addition, please keep in mind that newer versions of our Logic hardware (after revision 3.0.0) will no longer work with the older Logic 1.x software. If this poses any issues, please contact us. A brief summary of our hardware revisions are described in the support article below.
- Check that you are using the latest version of our legacy Logic 1.x software below.
- We highly recommend suppressing notifications and error messages while running your automation script. These notifications may block normal operation and can be suppressed by starting the application with the command line option
- Next, we must enable the scripting socket server. Open Options Menu at the top of the software.
- Select Preferences
- Under the Developer Tab, check the box to enable socket server
- Save Changes
- Accept firewall changes if the OS requests it
The document below lists the supported commands using our automation utility.
For simple automation requirements, we suggest using our Python Sample Application. This is a basic command line utility to automate the Saleae Logic software, which can be used to automatically take a series of shorter captures over an extended time period with basic export functions.
>>> import saleae
>>> s = saleae.Saleae()
>>> s._cmd('set_capture_seconds, 1')
For more complex automation requirements, you can refer to our C# Wrapper below:
If you would like to share your application, feel free to send us a link to it on any repository hosting provider, and we can share that link here.
The Socket API currently supports the raw export feature and the protocol-specific export feature. However, the socket API does not support exporting the protocol search results.