1. Test with the Latest Beta Software. Download link is below.
If you are running the standalone version of the Saleae software, you will need to manually install the drivers. Driver install instructions are below.
2. Remove any USB hubs, laptop docking stations, and extension cables.
Also, remove all other USB devices from your PC. Then, test the device directly on the PC, and on all other USB ports. Logic Pro 8 and Pro 16 require USB 3.0 ports.
3. Test Logic on a second PC.
If the second PC also fails to connect, then it is likely a hardware issue. If so, stop here and submit a Warranty Request. Otherwise, if it fails on one PC and works on another PC, then it is likely a PC issue. In this case, continue with the steps below.
4. Test with another USB cable
If another USB cable works, then your original USB cable may be faulty. If so, stop here and Contact Support for help. Otherwise, continue with the steps below.
5. Test if the device's VID and PID have failed. Instructions are below.
If the VID and PID are incorrect, then the hardware maybe faulty. Stop here and submit a Warranty Request.
6. If you are troubleshooting Logic Pro 8 or Pro 16, ensure the latest USB 3.0 Host Controller is installed.
Update the driver, if possible, and run the tests again. The latest host controller drivers are provided in the link below.
The windows driver update check will NOT update USB 3.0 host controller drivers. These are not included in the Windows update driver database and must be manually updated.
In cases where the software cannot detect the logic analyzer, we need to determine if the PC itself can detect the Logic device. Please follow the steps in the link below.
If all tests above have failed, please submit a Warranty Request and provide the results of the tests performed above.