Ethernet Connectivity Suggestions
Using our logic analyzer over ethernet provides some pros and cons:
- Pros: Electrical isolation, long cable length, network availability for multiple PCs
- Cons: Limited bandwidth and functionality
Based on our tests, we have discovered the following limitations when using Saleae Logic over ethernet via DS-600 external hub. Please keep in mind that these results may vary depending on many factors such as available network bandwidth and PC specs.
- Limited to 50 MS/s total digital bandwidth (e.g. 12.5 MS/s on 4 digital channels)
- Limited to 6 MS/s total analog bandwidth (e.g 1.5 MS/s on 4 analog channels)
- Cannot combine analog and digital recordings
These resulting limitations were gathered using the following test setup.
Test Setup with DS-600 Ethernet-USB Hub
We've received feedback to create an ethernet-based logic analyzer. We are considering this for future generations of the hardware, so feel free to vote/comment your requirements on our ideas page here!