The Saleae software includes two features to save and re-load your work. First is the ability to save and re-load the entire capture, complete with settings, analyzers, and the captured data. The second is the ability to just save the setup, without captured data.
The saved setup file contains the following information:
- capture settings, including sample rate, active channels, etc.
- trigger settings
- channel settings, including channel labels, order, display size, and visibility.
- display radix (binary, decimal, hex, etc)
- analyzers and their settings
When saving a setup, the active tab's settings will be saved. When loading a setup, the settings will only be applied to the active tab.
Also, when loading a setup, if the setup was saved when a different type of device was active than the one currently active, some settings will not load, such as the sample rate and active channels. However channel settings, analyzers, and other settings will still load properly
Troubleshooting issues when loading a logic setup file
If a saved setup file does not appear to be loading, it could be a bug. However, please check the following first:
- Make sure that the tab you would like to load the settings into is open when you load the setup file
- try changing a channel label and then re-loading the file. Did the channel label change back? If so, the setup file is probably loading, but it does not contain the settings you're looking for.
If nothing is happening at all, please report this, and include the information requested here: The software has crashed, or I have discovered a bug.
trello ID: 5609838154a4afecb4610305
trello data: 574385091